If you’re like me (and SO many women out there), you do a pretty good job of sticking to a healthy diet and making good food choices. But sometimes, when it’s time for a night out, restaurants make it tough to stick to your healthy eating plan. The portions are huge. The selection is limited. And, your go-to greens are missing from the menu all together. Well, believe it or not, you can go out on the town and still stick to your plan – check out these tips for keeping it healthy when you’re dining out!
Keeping it Healthy When You’re Dining Out
- Start your meal with a salad – the greens will help fill you up before you have an entrée.
- Move half of your entrée to the other side of your plate – consciously make the decision to eat half and take the rest home.
- When you feel like you’ve eaten enough, stop. Engage in conversation or if you’re dining alone, catch up on the daily news on your phone. If you’re still hungry after a few minutes, have another bite or two.
- When you start to feel full, pass the rest of your entrée over to your man – guys have crazy fast metabolisms and appetites!
- Try sharing an entrée. Many of your friends are in the same boat – trying to eat healthy and keep portion size under control.
How about you? Got any tips you’d like to share for keeping it healthy when you’re dining out?