It is essential to protect your skin from the sun’s rays. Sun exposure can accelerate aging, cause hypo and hyperpigmentation, wrinkles, “leathery skin”, and skin cancer. A good consistent SPF regimen is important to help prevent all of these risks. Continue reading for the ultimate guide for sun care.
6 Ways to Improve Your Sun Care Routine
- Use sunscreen every day, even if it’s cloudy.
- Apply at least two fingers of sunscreen and apply it to one area of your body, such as your face or neck. Squirt enough to cover the area between your palm crease and the tips of your index and middle fingers, lather yourself down, and repeat! Also, use a lip balm or lipstick that contains sunscreen.
- Make sure the sunscreen of your choice is a broad spectrum sunscreen because it protects against both UVA and UVB radiation. If it’s water resistant and has an SPF of 30 or higher, even better!
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours and if you are taking a dip in the water or sweating, reapply every hour. Set a timer if you need to!
- Try to not be in the sun between 10 AM and 4 PM because that is when the UV index is the highest.
- Accessorize! Wear a hat and gorgeous shades to protect your face, eyes, neck, and ears. Also, use the shade to your advantage.