Happy National Sunscreen Day! Back in the day, we would put baby oil all over our body and face to get the perfect tan. My mother loved being in the sun, so I discovered sunscreen on my own and that is something I have become religious about. I wake up, the first thing I put on is my SPF 50 from Lumiere de Vie. Even if you’re not outdoors, put it on! You can get sun through the windows, when you’re in the car, and on the airplane. It’s THE essential step to your daily skincare regimen.
Here are five reasons why you need to wear SPF
- UVA and UVB rays will penetrate deep into your skin and cause fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, and hyperpigmentation.
- Acids, like AHA and BHA, or antioxidant-rich products, like vitamin c and retinol, can cause redness, irritation, and burns if not followed up with SPF in the AM.
- Dark spots and wrinkles will pay you a visit early.
- Your acne scars will take more time to fade if you do not wear sunscreen as they will turn into dark spots.
- Not wearing sunscreen increases your risk for skin cancer.
Let’s teach the younger generations to protect their skin and lead as an example!