Dealing with Haters by Loren Ridinger
September 19th, 2012
Hate is an ugly thing. There are always going to be people who are very negative and bitter towards others. Maybe it’s jealousy or they are having a bad day. I think it is an ugly trait. I try not to ever focus on it. Be so busy with your own life, your own family, your own dreams that you don’t have time to sit and judge someone else. How another person lives is personal and we should all be respectful of our choices. We are lucky to have that choice to begin with.
I have a clear message around me and so do those I work with: “negativity is not allowed here” and we live by that message. The old saying that misery loves company is true and I refuse to be around it. I try to find the good in everything and everyone. We are human, we make mistakes, we sometimes do things unintentionally but do not allow someone to steal your dreams! I know it is hard to overcome someone who is negative because they are just filled with so much garbage but you can do it. When cleaning out your things in order to be better organized or more efficient, make sure that includes cleaning out people.
And for those days when you are dealing with haters, in person or cyber bullying, read these 10 quotes for haters and feel empowered:
- Haters don’t really hate; they hate themselves because you are a reflection of what they wish to be.
- H.A.T.E.R.S. > Having Anger Towards Everyone Reaching Success
- Someone who hates you normally hates you for one of three reasons. Either they see you as a threat, they hate themselves or they want to be you.
- Turn your HATERS into MOTIVATORS
- I got these haters like, when will he stop? Maybe a minute after never so set your clocks (Lil’ Wayne)
- Remember, people rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.
- Love your haters. They are your biggest fans. Why? Because they keep on wasting time just to watch your every move.
- Just be you. I’ve learned the hard way and in the end, some people are just so full of hate that no matter what you say or do, they’ll always have something to say. (Megan Fox)
- People will hate you, rate you, shake you and break you. But how you strong you stand is what makes you.
- Insecurity is an ugly thing. It makes you hate people you don’t even know.
Keep your head up. Xo