Summer is probably the most exciting time of the year. It is the season where we participate in various outdoor activities and enjoy the long days it provides. However, did you know that summertime can be detrimental to your hair? Chlorine, saltwater, and the sun can significantly damage it or even cause some serious hair issues.
To continuously enjoy the great outdoors, you should consider protecting your hair from the sun. Luckily, there are many things you can do, including frequently cutting your hair with hair cutting shears, wearing a hat, or using hair masks. Here are some methods you can use to prevent sun rays from ruining your hairstyle:
Wear a Hat
It is probably the most effective and obvious way to protect your hair from the sun. You can wear it while you are sitting under the sun or playing in the water.
The hat should cover your entire head and ears, especially if you have long hair that can easily be exposed to the sun. If you have short hair, you can go for a wide-brimmed hat or a baseball cap.
Not only can it keep your hair out of your face, but it will also protect your head from the sun. In fact, wearing a hat will also keep your scalp from burning. You should consider investing in a wide-brimmed hat, as it will provide more protection than other hats.
Shop summer hats: here
Use Hair Masks
You should use a deep conditioning hair mask at least once a week during the summertime to help your hair become healthier and stronger. Moreover, this will also prevent your hair from becoming damaged.
The hair masks will not only nourish your hair, but they will also give it the protection it needs during the summer months. Here are some of the products you could use:
- Avocado Oil: Avocado oil is one of the best treatments for damaged hair. It is rich in vitamins E and K and Omega-3 fatty acids, which are all excellent at repairing and strengthening damaged hair. This product is very effective in treating brittle, dry, tangled, and dull hair. It is also very good at preventing split ends and breakage. It is recommended for people who have super curly or dry hair.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil also contains a lot of vitamins and minerals that are essential for maintaining healthy hair. It provides better hydration, making smooth and soft hair easier to maintain. If you have super curly hair, you should consider using coconut oil as it can tame frizz and give your hair a beautiful shine.
You should apply this mask on a clean scalp and then leave it on for about 10 minutes. You can also use it before shampooing your hair if you have oily hair. Here are some of the best times to use hair masks:
- After swimming in a pool or when playing in the ocean.
- If you have just been at the beach and your hair has been exposed to saltwater.
- If you have recently colored your hair.
Shop my Fixx line: here
Use Sun Protection Products
You should protect your hair from the sun by using products that contain UV filters, for example, hair sprays. These filters will help prevent sun damage and protect your hair from the harmful effects of the sun. These products will also make your hair shinier, softer, and silkier.
Deep Condition Your Hair
Before heading outdoors, you should always apply a deep conditioner to your hair. This will help protect your hair from the sun and prevent it from becoming dry or brittle. Moreover, this will also help you avoid sunburns on your scalp, which is very common during the summer.
Cut Your Hair Frequently
You should consider cutting your hair every two to three weeks or so during the summer season. This will help your hair appear healthier and stronger. Moreover, it will also help prevent split ends and breakage.
Chlorine is bad for your hair, especially if you swim in a pool regularly. If you want to keep your hair healthy and strong, you should consider using products that contain water-resistant properties. These products will protect your hair from getting damaged by chlorine or other chemicals found in swimming pools.
Summer is undoubtedly the best time of the year. However, it can be very harmful to your hair. If you want to keep your hair healthy and strong, you should consider following the tips we’ve listed above. Using a deep conditioner, hair masks, or something as simple as a hat will help you prevent any issues from happening to your hair.
These are the most effective and simple ways to prevent sun damage to your hair during the summertime. Make sure you take good care of your precious locks and scalp.