Today the world lost a gifted writer, a women's activist and a beautiful soul. Maya Angelou did not live without her share of struggles, but she rose above it, dedicating her life to others. To honor her life's work, I have put together a few of my favorite quotes that I hope will motivate us all to lead by example and be better individuals. Thank you for your words, Maya. You will be well remembered.
Remembering Maya Angelou: 6 Favorite Quotes
1) "Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope."
2) "Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better."
3) "I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."
4) "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time."
5) "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."
6) "Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it."