If you’ve been the victim of over-tweezing, you know how frustrating it can be to wait for your eyebrows to grow back in. But with a little patience (ok, maybe a LOT of patience!) and the right tools, you’ll be well on your way to fuller brows in no time. Try not to despair; there’s a solution for every scenario. Read ahead for some tips to getting back to fuller, more beautiful brows.
5 Tips for Growing in Your Eyebrows
- Resist the Urge to Tweeze – First and foremost, DO NOT tweeze them anymore! It can be tempting to try to fix the shape or balance them out, but the worst thing you can do is take out the little bit of hair you do have left. Put those tweezers away for a while and let your brows grow in until they’re full enough to re-shape.
- Stimulate Hair Growth: Gently exfoliating the skin can stimulate hair growth by removing dead skin cells that may be clogging the hair follicle. Try a gentle skin exfoliating cleanser like this one from Lumiere de Vie, or use an exfoliating mask.
- Use a Brow Serum: If time and patience are not on your side, try to speed up the process using a serum. To directly target the delicate eye area, try this lash extender from Fixx Solutions, which also doubles as a brow product that promotes keratin for fuller, longer hair.
- Fake it ‘Till You Make It: Just because your brows are not at their optimal shape and thickness doesn’t mean you can’t make it look like they are. Use a brow shading kit, like this one from Motives Cosmetics, to fill in and shape your brows until they’re just how you want them. Then, later on, use the kit to lightly fill in any gaps or accentuate your eye makeup.
- Eat a Healthy Diet: Stimulate your hair growth the natural way by eating a healthy hair and skin diet including plenty of protein, vitamin B, iron, zinc, and Omega 3’s. Add nuts, olive oil, fish, lean meats, and leafy greens to make sure your body is getting what it needs to grow your hair back.