Few things are as timeless as a sleek chingnon and Lea Michele looked stunning in this braided version over the weekend. Sometimes, the simpler the better. Lea played up her gorgeous features with a natural makeup look to offset the dazzling jewelry and classic black ensemble and a stylish center part. See below to learn how you can replicate the latest look that scunci celebrity stylist, Laura Polko, created for Lea Michele for this past weekend’s event for amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research.
GET THE LOOK: LEA MICHELE WITH LAURA POLKO
- Start by center parting the hair, then blow dry the hair really straight using a styling gel, start in the back and work your way up, along the sides as well. Then use a flat iron on each small section, brushing through for added shine and sleekness.
- Using a Mason Pearson brush, brush back the hair into a very low and tight ponytail securing with a scunci hair tie.
- Once in a ponytail, take the several sections and braid them until the very end, then, secure with a scunci Polyband.
- Take the braids and wrap them around the low ponytail until you have the bun/shape you want. When you lock in the shape, take scunci Bobby Pins and secure braids.
- Lastly, spray with hairspray to lock in the look. For added shine, use a small amount of hair oil along the top surface of the hair.