With the onset of a New Year and the winter blues happening all at once, your mind can easily play a few tricks on you when it comes to getting healthy. You know you’re ready to take that plunge into a healthier more fab and fit lifestyle, but it’s also so tough. It’s winter! And, it’s cold! Getting on track with your diet is one of the best places to jumpstart a wholesome and well-rounded healthy lifestyle – but you have to know where to begin. And, rather than knowing what you can’t eat, how about taking a positive spin by knowing what you can? That’s where a nutritionist can really help set the tone for a holistic lifestyle change. Still on the fence? Here’s a look at 5 reasons to hire a nutritionist.
- Nutrition is both confusing and complicated – let a professional help! A nutritionist’s job is to navigate and understand the complex waters of vitamins, calories, input, output – you name it – and, most of them are best at turning that info into something you can easily understand. Each body is different and reacts differently to foods; a nutritionist will help personalize your dietary needs based on all that complex information.
- Some foods and vitamins have important healing properties – and a nutritionist can help you better understand what combinations will have the most positive effects. Have problems with an upset tummy or even something like chronic muscle fatigue. In many cases, a nutritionist can help get you back on track. He or she can even work with your doc to develop a comprehensive plan just for you.
- A nutritionist will help shed light on what you can eat rather than what you can’t. When you put yourself on a diet, you often start by limiting yourself – and, where’s the fun in that? Holistic eating is more about incorporating new and wholesome foods into your diet rather than feeling a sense of deprivation.
- A nutritionist can be your sounding board. Changing your diet is truly one of the most challenging tasks out there – and sometimes you need a little help along the way. Need encouragement or alternative solutions for cravings? Look to your nutritionist for both answers and inspiration.
- A nutritionist isn’t there to provide a quick fix, but rather help guide you in a full lifestyle adjustment. He or she will work with you to develop a manageable plan that touches all parts of your life – from your medical needs to your daily schedule. Got questions as you go along and your body begins to change? Your nutritionist is there both as your listening ear and the know-how to adjust your plan as things change.
Have you ever worked with a nutritionist? What part of the relationship was most valuable and effective for you?