Valentine’s Day is here! What are your plans for the holiday? Whatever they may be, be sure to look like your fabulous self by wearing Motives Cosmetics®. If you want some inspiration for tonight, you’re in luck! Miss Carrie Makeup created a gorgeous glitter lip makeup look just for you! Read on to get her Valentine’s Day look! It’s sure to be a romantic holiday with this look.
Valentine’s Day Beauty with Miss Carrie Makeup
1. Make sure is your skin is freshly cleansed, moisturized, and primed before applying your foundation for a more flawless finish.
1. I started off using Gleam by Melanie Mills in Peach Deluxe to add a glow to my skin and blur imperfections. I followed up by using Skindinvia Oil Control Primer.
3. I concealed/corrected/brightened under my eyes, my chin, top of lips, bridge of my nose, and the center of my forehead using Motives Color Perfection Quad in Light and blended it in with my beauty sponge.
4. For further dimension, I contoured under my cheekbones, jawline, and forehead with RCMA’s Cream Contouring & Highlighting Palette and used a Motives Flat Top Foundation Brush to blend it out.
5. To achieve my bright highlight, I applied a small amount of Gleam Body Radiance on my cheekbones and brow bone, tapped it in with my fingers and then directly applied my Anastasia Beverly Hills Ultimate Glow Kit highlight in White Sand before layering on Snow (a lighter and brighter shade) over the highest point on my cheekbones. The key to an amazing highlight without any patchiness is not to add any setting powder prior to the application of your highlight. I would also suggest layering your powder highlight directly over your cream highlight! Don’t forget to lightly apply highlight to the bridge of your nose, and the inner corners of your eyes, as well.
6. I set my face with RCMA No Color Powder. To further enhance dimension I used a few powder contour/bronzer/highlight products. First, I bronzed with MAC Mineralize Powder in Dark on my cheekbones, temples, and forehead. Then, I went in with my Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Contour palette in light/medium. I used the shades Fawn and Mink to enhance the cream contour I put under my cheekbones, jawline, along my hairline, and the sides of my nose.
7. I finished my face with an application of Motives Cosmetics Blush in Lotus on the apples of my cheeks with a fluffy blush brush.
1. I used a Sigma E75 Angled Brush and Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow in Ash Brown to correct my brow shape and arch. I then went in with Ebony to add tiny hairlike stokes to mimic real hairs in sparse areas. By using two colors I’m able to create a more realistic brow look.
??3. Lastly, I set my brow with Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel to keep my brows in place.
1. I started my eyes with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre as a base, then set it with MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in Vanilla.
2. To create dimension and define my crease, I used 2 colors. I started by using Motives Cosmetics Eyeshadow in Heat Wave followed by MAC Cosmetics eyeshadow in Saddle. To do this, I used a Morphe M441 Pro Firm Blending Crease Brush.
3. To add the warmth on my outer 2/3 of my eyelid I used the Morphe 350 palette. I layered together 2 orange shades using a MAC 217 Blending Brush.
4. I then took Motives Cosmetics Onyx Eyeshadow and applied to my outer V area with a Sigma E41 Brush. Be sure to take your time building the darkness of the outer corner of your eyes for a more blended look.
?5. Next, I followed the natural shape of my eye with a liquid liner. To do this I used Kat Von D’s Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper. I smoked the liner with my FAVE black eyeshadow, which is Onyx from Motives.
??6. For my lower lashline I used the eyeshadows that I used on the top of my eyelid. Heatwave, Saddle, and the orange shades from the Morphe palette. What goes UP must always come DOWN. That’s just a good pointer to remember when creating beautifully blended eye looks.
7. I made sure to apply a black kohl/gel liner to my waterline. I lightly set these shades with Motives Cosmetics Onyx Eyeshadow.
?8.Before applying false lashes, I put 2 coats of Maybelline Falsies Mascara on my top eyelashes. Next I added Velour Mink Eyelashes in the style See Through.
9. To define my lower lashes, I used Maybelline Colossal Cat Mascara.
1. I used Motives Cosmetics Lip Crayon in Dusty Rose to define my lips.
?2. Next, I applied Motives Cosmetics All Day Liquid Stick in Sultry.
3. Lastly I applied Lit Cosmetics Glitter in Oprah size 3 with a small Lip Brush to add a beautiful sparkle and shine.
For more on how to get glitter lips at home, check out Miss Carrie Makeup’s full tutorial below. This is going to be a huge trend this year so don’t be afraid to try it out!
Be sure to check out Miss Carrie Makeup’s YouTube channel for more gorgeous makeup looks.