There’s a misconception that eating healthy means that you have to spend all your money at Whole Foods. That’s not the case! There are so many ways to eat your veggies and save your money. It just takes a little know-how and some tips to get you through. If you’re on a budget but still looking to stay healthy, no problem! Read on for more!
Hacks to Eating Healthy on a Budget
Protein- When buying meat, try buying the best quality grass-fed organic cuts. Sure, this can be expensive so my suggestion is to buy less meat! Supplement your diet with other sources of protein. Lentils are packed with protein and fiber so you won’t miss out on anything! Or try not skimping out on eggs. If you find that you can’t give up on your carnivore ways, try tougher types of meat. These are cheaper across the board.
Fruits and Veggies- Eat in season! I’ve definitely given this advice in the past! There’s a surplus of fruits and veggies when they’re in season so the abundance drives down prices making them more affordable. Your stomach and your wallet will be happy—all it takes is a little research. Add some frozen veggies to your favorite curry or lentil recipe. Frozen fruits make a great addition to any smoothie. You’ll get your veggies in while giving your wallet a break!
Snacks- If you’re used to snacking on nuts, consider grabbing a bag of walnuts. They’re rich in nutrients and they’re less expensive than other nuts! If you’re over the price of your favorite milk alternative then make your own! There are plenty of recipes you won’t want to miss out on!
When you can’t get all your nutrients from your diet (come on, we’re all only human!) aim for Isotonix® Complete Greens.
- Contains organic ingredients
- Helps maintain a healthy digestive tract
- Helps individuals receive well-rounded nutrition
- Aids in providing the body with plant-sourced nutrients and phytonutrients
- May help to increase energy levels
- Offers a blend of phytonutrients to support healthy detoxification
- Supports an alkaline environment in the body
- Offers a powerful blend of plant-sourced nutrients and antioxidants
- Supports a healthy immune system