I think we can all agree that Kim & Kanye’s wedding was one of the most romantic events we’ve witnessed recently. Watching my friends take this step towards their beautiful new life together was sweetly inspiring. And the fact that they were surrounded by the people they love (in some gorgeous outfits!) just made the whole day absolutely perfect. If you’re wondering what to wear this summer to all those weddings that are inevitably coming up in the season, here are some ideas you can use to inspire your own look.
Celebrity Inspired Wedding Guest Attire
1. Amber & Duane: Duane is wearing a classic, well-fitted black tuxedo with a pop of color in that asymmetrical vest that gives the whole look a much more modern edge. Amber’s look is delicate in lace and delicately beaded fabric. The slit in her long skirt makes the overall look sexy in a very classic way. She tops off the look with a handy clutch in a matching tone to keep only the essentials.
2. Tracy Nguyen & Ray Romulus: Tracy and Ray mirror each other in hues of violet and deep purple, proving you can go a different route and still look absolutely appropriate. Ray’s suit is classic with a few touches of gold in the buttons. Otherwise, the looks is clean, making it easy to pull off the non-traditional hue. Tracy’s bold print works in the flowy fabric and tonal hues. Don’t be afraid to opt for a print in a gown.
3. Lala Anthony & Malika Haqq: These two gorgeous ladies prove you can wear classic black to a wedding and still make it stand out. Lala’s gown has a stunning y-cut halter-type detail that sets the dress apart from other standard type frocks while Malika rocks a plunging neckline in a wrap that flatters every curve. Her animal print shoe gives the whole ensemble firece personality.
4. Amber in Purple: I had to share this shot of Amber in this gorgeous purple pleated number. I feel that sometimes people overlook color options for weddings when it can really stand out. For hot weather, sheer, delicate fabrics looks ladylike in floral details. The pleats add a vintage feel and the belt cinches in the waist, creating an hourglass shape.
5. Rachel Roy: Rachel’s tuxedo is a sexy statement piece with the loosely buttoned blouse and strappy stiletto sandals. If you’re not feeling a dress, a tuxedo can be just as beautiful if done with confidence and the right balance of femininity. Keeping the hair in loose waves and the heels sky high add the right amount of off-set glam. For even more femme fatale appeal, add a sparkly necklace just above the cleavage.