Here are 10 things to know about Meryl Streep! Happy birthday to the wonderfully talented Meryl Streep! Meryl Streep turns 63 today and is regarded as one of the most talented actors of all time. Meryl Streep blows my mind with her versatility as an actress – she is an icon! I cried at her emotional performance as a Holocaust survivor in Sophie’s Choice. I fell in love right along with her in the Bridges of Madison County. Who didn’t sing along in the theater when she starred in Mama Mia? And no one can forget Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada. I love that movie! Meryl Streep has had an amazing career as an actress. In honor Meryl Streep’s birthday, here are 10 things to know about Meryl Streep:
10 things to know about Meryl Streep:
1. Meryl Streep was born in Summit, New Jersey. She has two brothers.
2. She attended Vassar College and the Yale School of Drama of which she received her MFA.
3. Meryl Streep’s first feature film was in the movie Julia in 1977.
4. Meryl Streep is the only actress with 17 Academy Award nominations.
5. She has won three Oscars for the movies Kramer vs Kramer, Sophie’s Choice, and The Iron Lady.
6. She has won a total of 24 awards for acting, including the Kennedy Honors in 2011 for her contribution to American culture through the performing arts.
7. Meryl Streep has been acting for 35 years.
8. Her version of Mama Mia was nominated for a Grammy in 2008.
9. She has starred in 23 movies to date.
10. Meryl Streep is married and has 4 children.