Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes
Martin Luther King, Jr. is a civil rights icon whom we recognize today, as it is the third Monday in January. The third Monday in January each year is designated Martin Luther King, Jr. Day because it is close to King's birthday, January 15th 1929. While we all may know Martin Luther King's I Have A Dream speech, it was his consistent dream of love, peace, equality, and brotherhood that made him into one of the world's greatest leaders. In honor of his legacy, I have put together a list to share with you of top ten Martin Luther King quotes that inspire me.
1. "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase."
2. "Never be afraid to do what's right. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way."
3. "Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?"
4." Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
5." Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
6. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that."
7. "Everything that is done in the world is done by hope."
8. "In the end, will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
9. "Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love."
10. "The time is always right to do what is right."