Manipulation Isn't Always What it Seems
Manipulation can be subtle. You may not even realize it's happening. It's all about emotions and can take a toll on your self-esteem and more. Being manipulated in your relationship isn't exactly ideal and could be a sign that you're with someone toxic. That's why you have to be aware of what it looks like. Nedra Glover Tawwab is an Instagram famous therapists who posts helpful advice on life, love, feelings, and more. Follow her here. Getting clear on manipulation can take time but Tawwab shared a helpful post so you can understand what it's all about.
Manipulation looks like this:
- Making an issue you have with them seem like an issue with you
- Repeatedly asking you to do something that you've already said no to.
- Asking for help at the last minute and informing you that they have no other options.
- Telling a story that is intended to invoke pity.
- Leaving key parts out of the story to persuade you to support them.
- Withholding affection to get you to feel bad or change your behavior.
- Using your relationship with them as a reason that you"should" do certain things.
- Telling you what you want to hear to get what they want.
Do you think you're being manipulated? I thought this post was insightful and helpful. I hate to see women suffer—especially at the hands of someone else.