10 Things You Should Know About Loren Ridinger
May 18th, 2011
Many people have asked me certain things about my life both personal and professionally. Although, some questions might be too private to answer, I wanted to share a few things that most of my fans and friends are curious to know 🙂
Here are 10 things you should know about me:
1. I wasn’t born rich. Many people assume that I either married a rich husband or I inherited the money. The truth is neither. I met my husband at a very young age when he didn’t have any money at all. We started our company MarketAmerica.com from the ground up out of our 2 bedroom apartment in Greensboro, NC. Our dinner dates consisted of Wendy’s salad bars and we would share one car to get us around. Hard work, determination, and passion has obviously paid off!
2. I work in my pajamas all day. I’m a workaholic from the morning when I wake up to the time I’m off to bed, I’m working non stop. I like to be comfortable while I’m working so most of the times I will be dressed in my casual juicy pants /jacket or in a pair of pajama pants and tee. I don’t wear any makeup during the day nor do I like to. The reason for this is I really don’t have the time to do my own hair or makeup. I feel those extra 30 minutes I’m spending on myself I can be utilizing towards my goals.
3. I hate flying. For those people who’ve traveled with me, they will tell you I’m the worst when it comes to flying. It’s ironic that I hate to fly because I’m constantly traveling. While inside the plane I get nervous, I say prayers, there’s times even the smallest noise will get me nervous.
4. Never go to sleep with makeup on. Even if I’m going to bed late no matter the time of day I always make sure to remove my makeup before going to bed. I’m very strict about my beauty regimen and going to bed with makeup on is one of them.
5. I was born in Queens, NY. Although for the most part I grew up in Greensboro, NC and that’s where our company was founded, Queens will always be my hometown.
6. I have 2 younger brothers and one older sister and we all work for Market America. My brothers and sister are my life and I wouldn’t be where I am now without them.
7. My favorite dish is macaroni and cheese. Yes! I love it and have it at least twice a week.
8. One of my favorite TV shows is House Hunters on HGTV. I normally don’t watch TV, but when I do I like to watch House Hunters for hours. I’m obsessed with interior decorating and there’s something about watching people buy their first home that is totally entertaining to me.
9. Can’t get enough of the Talk TV show. Leah Remini is a good friend of mine and I love watching her on the show. I think Leah has tons of personality and is utterly funny.
10. My favorite place in the world in New York City. It’s magical!
Want to see photos of my friends and travels visit facebook.com/lorensworldnetwork or send me a tweet @lorenridinger if you have any questions