Tame Your Heels, Save Your Feet: Expert Tips
March 16th, 2017
There is nothing quite like the pain that can come from wearing high heels. We’ve all been there, hobbling in from a long day at work or a night on the town; our feet are not shy when they hurt! But there are certainly some insider tips for getting by on your favorite pair of sky-high heels. Got big plans? I’ve got some expert tips for you. Airplus – the pioneer in unique, comfortable and fashionable foot care accessories – has six life-changing hacks for tackling uncomfortable heels. Get ready to dust off your highest stilettos. Read on for some shoe hacks your feet will love.
Tame Your Heels, Save Your Feet: 6 Expert Tips
- Tape your third and fourth toes together…no, we’re not kidding! Taping your toes together takes pressure off the ball of your feet and helps to redistribute the weight and pressure points on your feet.
- Gel Heel Liners are a gamer changer – especially if you have a pair of heels that are just the tiniest bit too big or if you are between sizes. Airplus’ Hug My Heels add that extra bit of padding that can make all the difference.
- New heels slipping on hard surfaces? Use a sheet of sandpaper to gently rough up the bottoms of your new heels – instant traction!
- High heels can cause major damage on the balls of your feet – slip on Airplus’ Ball-of-Foot cushions to take pressure off your toes, you’ll feel an immediate difference.
- Help combat sweaty feet by sprinkling baby powder into your heels – the powder will absorb the moisture and even helps prevent blisters.
- Dare to go all day in heels – prevent toe and heel rubbing by wearing discreet foot liners. Airplus’ Fantastic Footie has the added benefit of a ball–of–foot cushion sewn in.
You don’t have to compromise beauty for pain when it comes to wearing heels. It just takes a little creativity and the right tools.
What are some of your best tricks for dealing with high heels? I’d love to hear them in the comments!