Fitness Tips For A 'Tight' Schedule
I think it’s pretty safe to say that most of us strive to make fitness an important part of our lives, but often life’s little realties make it tough to make time for it. With busy work schedules and hectic social calendars, squeezing in that daily trip to the gym can be a real challenge. It often seems like family obligations, kids, work and relationships take so much time that 24 hours in a day is just never enough.
While squeezing it all in may raise your stress meter, take a look at these 5 fitness tips for a tight schedule and learn a few sly ways for making your fitness goals a top priority.
- Make date night healthy! I know how tough it is to squeeze in a date night, so hit the gym together or a fun run before you head out on the town. Not only is exercising together a great form of quality time, you’ll both feel so much better before heading out for cocktails.
- Not sure what to do with the kids? Pack them up in the stroller or in your baby bike seat and get going. Your kids will love the fresh air and you’ll get a chance to get your workout on.
- Make your early bird dreams come true! Set that alarm and hit the gym before the rest of the fam is even awake. There are so many options out there for early morning workout classes, a run with the dog or even give your favorite exercise DVD a go (you don’t even have to leave your house!).
- How about making your commute do double duty? Ever thought about packing up your workout gear and running or biking home from the office? If you can make it happen in both directions – even better! Just keep your must-haves (I.D., credit card, house keys and cash) in a fanny pack or pocket, throw on those athletic shoes and head home. This is not only the perfect way to squeeze in some cardio, but also an excellent solution for clearing your head at the end of a long day.
- Make your lunch hour your fitness hour. Keep a pair of sneakers underneath your desk and slip them on for a refreshing lunchtime power walk. This is the perfect workout to get the heart pumping and not get too sweaty for the rest of the workday. Got a little more time? Many office buildings offer lunch hour workout sessions – check it out!
Maintaining a healthy and balanced life is so important for feeling good that finding a way to squeeze in a daily fitness routine is paramount. Do you have any tricks for sneaking in a workout when it feels like there just aren’t enough hours in the day?