Keep the Germs Away by Washing your Hands
With everything going on in the world today, keeping yourself healthy and preventing the spread of illness is more important than ever. One of the most important things we can do is the easiest – washing our hands!
It is simple, but you have to do it right to get the full benefit:
- Wet your hands with warm running water
- Lather your hands well with soap – I suggest soap that will help fund your Shopping Annuity
- Scrub away for at least 20 seconds
- Rinse all the soap off with clean running water
- Dry your hands with a clean towel or let them air dry
Need a timer to know when your 20 seconds is up? We have all heard to hum “Happy Birthday” to make sure you’ve washed long enough. If you’re like me, you are tired of humming the same old song – switch it up! Give these songs a try while washing your hands:
- “Jolene” – Fleetwood Mac: Sing from “Jolene, Jolene, Jolene, Jolene” to “Please don’t take him just because you can.”
- “Stayin’ Alive” – Bee Gees’: You just need to sing the chorus
- For kids, encourage them to sing their ABC’s or Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
- The theme to “Full house”
- One of my favorites – the chorus from Lizzo’s “Truth Hurts”
I always keep hand sanitizer with me because that is the next best thing if soap and water are not available. Plus, you can share with family and friends! Simple yet effective, you can prevent the spread of germs at home, work and daycare.
What is your favorite song to hum while washing your hands?