Typically, when it comes to eyeliner, we all fall into one of two camps: those who are gifted and those who are challenged (and need some serious coaching!). Eyeliner is tough business and unless you’re blessed with the gift of having a natural eyeliner ability, you’re often plagued with liner lust. From the most simple of lines to a more complex winged look, all you need is a bit of a guide – and (trust me) – you’ll be in the eyeliner game faster than you think. One of the best tricks of the trade?Going with a gel or mineral liner. Both types of liner glide on easy, making it pretty simple to correct any spots where you get off course. Ready to resolve your liner lust once and for all and get in the game? Here’s some inspiration and step-by-step guides for how to get the look when it comes to liner that’s all about wings:
- Starting with Motives Eye Base I then set it using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Vanilla & then gave the lid some depth using Cappuccino
- Using Motives Mineral Gel Liner in Little Black Dress I created a thick wing
- Along the lower lash line I blended out Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Glamour using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Wildflower & Rock Candy
THE RING BLING
Get the Look:
- Begin by using Motives Mineral Gel Eyeliner in Little Black Dress to apply your winged liner
- Using the same liner, apply in the crease connecting it to the end of your winged liner
- Taking Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Onyx, blend out that crease line but still keeping that cut crease look
- With Motives Mineral Gel Eyeliner in Little Black Dress line the lower lash line extending the line at the inner corner of the eyes
- Taking Motives Glitter Adhesive and Motives Glitter Pot in Pot Of Gold & Jewel Pink glitter. Mix together to get a Rose Gold color and apply to the lid
- Set this look for all-day wear with Motives 10 Years Younger Makeup Setting Spray
- After applying Motives Eye Base I used a fluffy brush to blend out Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Timeless, Vanilla, & Chocolight onto my upper lid.
- I then packed Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Blizzard onto my lid.
- Apply Motives for La La Mineral Khol Eyeliner in Violet to the lower lash line and blend out using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Fantasy & Rock Candy.
- To highlight the inner portion of the lower lash line I used Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Creme Fresh
BLUE GLITTER WING
- After applying Motives Eye Base and a Bright blue to the crease area, I blended it out using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Oasis & Timeless; then highlighting the brow bone with Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Blizzard
- I then created the wing shape using Motives Khol Eyeliner in Electric Blue. To set it I packed Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Oasis on top. I also applied the same to the lower lash line.
- I used Motives Diamond Glitter pots together for the center of the wing
- Using Motives Mineral Gel Liner in Chocoholic I created a huge wing starting from my inner corner to the outer. I then blended the begging portion using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Cappuccino, Blizzard, & Vanilla.
- I then packed on Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Vino on to the inner and outer portion of the wing.
- Using Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Blizzard on the brow bone
- Take Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Antique Gold and apply on the inner corner
- Apply Motives Khol Eyeliner in Coffee blended with Motives Pressed Eye Shadow in Boudoir along the lower lash line