Social Media Advice from a 'Top 100 Entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter'
I talk a lot here on Loren’s World about using social media for business, but what about making sure that you keep your message consistent? Giving your brand an identity and carrying that throughout your social channels is important. Especially when it comes to the relationships you develop with your clients and customers. Since being named one of the top 100 entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter, I wanted to share my tips for knowing your audience and establishing your distinct voice. Take a look below for ways to keeping your brand consistent, even across a wide variety of social media platforms.
- Understand your audience. Social media is where you take to the web to engage and develop relationships. Understanding who is supporting your business goes a long way in knowing how to interact.
- Put your unique stamp on everything you do. Of course supporting other brands and curating content through social media is important, but adding your opinion is key. Try doing things like sharing real photos from your business and offering some inside scoop.
- Establish your voice. Just like you are a unique individual, so is your brand, and having a consistent voice will help potential customers know who you are. Perhaps you’re funny, laid back or even totally poised – whatever defines you best, keep it consistent.
- Show that you care. Customers and clients want to know that there’s a human behind all those social media posts. They’ll find it easier to connect with you and they won’t hesitate to reach out with questions.
- Be dependable. Once you establish who you are as a brand, stick with the plan. Rather than wavering, give your audience something to expect – from frequency to voice.
How about you? Got any tips for how to keep your brand consistent when it comes to social media?