Grand gestures are great – but what makes them so great is that they don’t happen often so when they do, the moment is truly appreciated. Valentine’s Day is not the only day out of the year you can attempt to make a grand gesture to show your love! Any day usually works. 🙂 However, people remember the little things more often than you might think so if you don’t have the funds to go big this year for Valentine’s Day, it’s okay. The small things – the personal things – have just as much an impact on your heart.
These are my favorite small ways to say ‘I love you’ this Valentine’s Day:
1. A handwritten letter is a personal gift.
2. Cook dinner together.
3. Make Valentine’s Day cards to each other from scratch.
4. Flowers are cinch because they work!
5. Leave a sweet post-it note in a surprise location.
6. Do something mundane without being asked: get the car detailed or fix something that’s broken around the house. It shows appreciation.
7. I have framed photos everywhere in my house and it always puts a smile on my face when I receive one as a gift.