One of the biggest decisions you can make about your career is to take it into your own hands. For some people, staying in a traditional corporate job isn’t fulfilling or rewarding enough. They search for something more and want to make it on their own terms. Those are the kinds of people we’ll be sharing MAIC 2014 with in just a few days. And if this sounds enticing to you, you may just be ready to take that step. Think you’re ready for a change? Read this list and tune in on August 7th.
8 Signs You’re Ready to Work on Your Own
- You want more than a traditional job can give you – You’re ready for more than a traditional corporate setting can offer you.
- You are self-motivated – You don’t need a boss hovering over you telling you what to do and when to do it because you’re often already ahead of the game.
- You’re confident in your skills – You know that learning is a process that never ends, but you’re also aware of your strengths and what you can offer.
- You do what needs to be done without being asked – You don’t need someone else’s motivational tools to get you going because you’re happy and inspired to do the work.
- You’re great with people – You can work well in a team and enjoy talking to and meeting new people.
- But also enjoy working alone – But you can easily spend hours being focused on what needs to be done on your own.
- You don’t want to leave your career in someone else’s hands – You’re ready to build something on your own terms rather than having someone else tell you when and how quickly you can move ahead in your career.
- You want to have control of your success – You want to be the one setting the pace for your achievements, setting the course for your life, and relying on your own talents to get you there.
If this list strikes a chord with you, tune in to MAIC2014 August 7th through the 10th and see if you’re ready to move forward and take success into your own hands.