So you’ve arrived at that next step – taking your long-distance romance to sharing the same house. You’re so thrilled, but you know living together is going to be a challenge. From dish-duty to walking the dog, not everything will be perfect. Here’s a few things to consider while you get ready to meld your lives under one roof.
Long-Distance to One Roof: 5 Tips for Moving In Together
- Have a talk; a big one. Going from long-distance dating to living together is a pretty big step and don’t be shy about insisting that you define the relationship. Boundaries are going to be important.
- Have adventures together. Traveling as a couple will add some excitement and get you both out of your joint home.
- Remember that you’re both going to need some space. When you’re used to living alone and dating long-distance, you have space – all the space you need. It’s going to get a little cramped, so set time aside for yourselves.
- Split up the non-romantic stuff, like household duties. You don’t want to end up resentful of who’s doing more, so share the responsibilities right from the start.
- Keep the romance alive. Now that you’re living together, you may be tempted to stay home and skip out on dates – don’t fall into that trap, continue to be creative about time together.
Have you recently taken your long-distance relationship to one roof?