I was terribly saddened to hear that Nelson Mandela passed on yesterday. Such an inspiration and positive soul – a fighter for human rights and a icon in my eyes. We love you and thank you for your love and the courage you had to change the world. Your legacy and lessons in life and doing the right thing will live on forever.
To honor Nelson Mandela, here are ten of his most life-changing quotes. May he rest in peace.
10 Nelson Mandela Quotes to Honor His Legacy
- It always seem impossible until it’s done.
- Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, that we are powerful beyond measure.
- There is no passion found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
- As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.
- I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
- Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
- A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add that to a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special
- No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
- We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.