It’s pretty easy to find yourself feeling like you’re in a bit of rut, especially at the end of a long winter. Whether you’re your job is growing a bit stale or you’re just generally looking to spice things up, sometimes you need to find ways to kick start your creativity. Rather than being stuck in a zone of going through your daily activities: going to work, paying bills, walking the dog, driving the carpool etc…a little change here and there is bound to help keep the enthusiasm high and the monotony at bay.
10 Activities That Keep You Creative
From taking it outside into the sun and fresh air to infusing your daily activities with some new fitness challenges, here are ten activities to help you find inspiration when you’re feeling like things have been a bit dull.
- Get out there and do something just for fun. Not everything always has to have a purpose beside the fact that it’s simply fun. So go for it and leave all the responsibilities behind.
- Try changing up your fitness routine – even for a day – to keep it challenging and exciting. Not a dancer? Add a dance class once a week or think about trying something totally new like spinning or Zumba.
- Do something blissfully relaxing like a day at the spa or a new yoga class can really give you the boost you need when it comes to a newfound surge of creativity.
- Spring clean. You’ll be amazed what a good cleaning can do for giving you the pep in your step you need to get things done. Try giving your closet a good purge, donating anything you don’t wear anymore and following it up with a great new organizational plan.
- Get outside. It’s incredible what a little nature will do for your soul. Whether you head out on a hike, take a walk on the beach or even just do a little yard work, fresh air really does good for both body and mind.
- Get out there and play a group sport. Sounds silly, but this can really be a ton of fun, keep your mind off everything else happening in life and the team aspect can be a great reminder of how others can inspire you. Gather up your friends for a game of Frisbee or join a spring kickball league. You’ll love it!
- Fire up the grill. When spring rolls in, it’s time to get inspired by your cooking again and changing it up is the perfect solution. Try getting creative with your recipes by giving grilled pizza or fruits a try.
- Rearrange your house just a bit, maybe even change up the paint colors. Sometimes you just need a fresh look to keep you inspired and rearranging the furniture or adding a new coat of paint to a room in your house is a super easy way to make that happen.
- Get all dressed up and hit the town with your besties. Sometimes a night out will give you just what you need when it comes to finding that pep in your step that’s been lacking for a while. Put some makeup on, do your hair and bust out your favorite outfit – you’ll feel amazing.
- Spend some time reflecting on what you can change. Sitting down and writing down your goals can be incredibly inspiring, especially if you put some real thought into it and break things down into achievable chunks. You’ll be amazed at how ready to make a change you feel once you put pen to paper.
What are your favorite ways to infuse a little excitement into your day to day?