How to Use Pinterest for Your Business
Are you addicted to Pinterest? Are you curious about how to use Pinterest for your business? The visually appealing virtual pinboard that allows you to organize and share ideas has blown up and is now one of the top ten social networks. You can find everything on Pinterest: recipes, beauty how-to's, style inspiration, travel ideas, and more! Due to its overwhelming success many brands are currently brainstorming ways to drive traffic and engage fans with Pinterest. An avid user of Pinterest myself, I have a few ideas on how to use Pinterest for your business:
1. When uploading a pin always source it! Pinterest users want the recipe or directions that go with the photo and will click on the source link taking them back to your homepage or blog.
2. Use large, clear and professional photos for Pinterest.
3. Pinterest is not just for photos - upload video and other multimedia content, too.
4. Think carefully about naming your pins and make sure the description is search-worthy. Perhaps the exact product name is not-well known and isn't going to show up in a popular Pinterest search. Develop key Pinterest phrases that define your brand.
5. Remember that social networks are a two-way street. Pinterest isn't just about uploading your own pins take the time search relevant content on Pinterest and repin!
6. Connect your Pinterest account to Facebook and Twitter so that after you or your company pins something, it will automatically show up on your other social networks.