Tips to Keeping Soft Hands
Having dry hands is common – something we can all relate to. These days we are doing awesome at washing our hands more often, but with that comes more dryness. I always try to keep my hands soft, but I have added a couple steps to my regimen.
Here are a few of the ways that I keep my hands moisturized year-round:
- First and foremost - Use a gentle, natural soap so it doesn’t strip your skin’s natural oils
- Apply a quality moisturizer several times a day. Creams will help restore your hands natural moisture
- As you use your hands for washing dishes or cleaning the house– wear gloves!
- Combine steps 2 & 3 – lather up with a thick lotion - I use Lumiere de Vie's Intensive Hand Crème and cover with soft gloves or even socks and leave it on as you sleep
- I LOVE our Lumiere de Vie Renewal Elixir for its intended use on our faces, but I also add a dab to my cuticles to keep them healthy
- I use a gentle exfoliant about twice a week to scrub away dead skin cells
- Reduce your stress levels! If you have eczema, stress can be a trigger
- Last but not least, keep up the habit of moisturizing daily! Ta-da: soft hands!
What are your tips and tricks to keeping your hands soft?