Get the Look: Lily Collins at the Golden Globes
January 10th, 2017
If there was one iconic look from the 74th Annual Golden Globe Awards Sunday night, it was the incredibly romantic Lily Collins in a gown fit for royalty with hair and makeup to match. For the first big red carpet of the awards season, Lily Collins’ hair made a modern princess statement. Stylist Gregory Russell was inspired by Lily’s beautifully beaded Zuhair Murad gown to create a voluminous textured up-do with braided details. Read on for the step-by-step guide to recreate this gorgeous hairstyle.
Gregory Russell styles Lily Collins for the Golden Globe Awards 2017
- To start, apply a golf ball sized amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse on the roots for lasting volume, and then another golf ball sized amount to the lengths of the hair for body
- Then, brush through and begin blowing the hair out with a multi-bristle brush and setting the “mohawk” section on velcro rollers securing each with a duckbill clip
- Once cooled, start curling hair with a 1.25″ barrel, spraying each section with John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray before curling
- Then, curl the mohawk section away from the face and fasten each curl with a duckbill clip
- While the hair cools, spray the roots with the new John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Refresh Dry Shampoo to add lift and texture
- Next, remove the clips, brush out and section out 1″ of the perimeter of the hair all the way around the head
- Add a pearl sized amount of John Frieda Frizz Ease Secret Weapon Touch-up Creme to the remaining hair and secure it with a bungee hair tie at the crown of the head
- Then, work through the lengths to define and pin the curls up to create a voluminous messy bun
- Take selected pieces from the perimeter and pin back, leaving some wispy face-framing pieces out
- Braid the remaining hair into a fishtail pulling it slightly apart for texture and shape. Fasten it around the bun with hair pins
- Finally, spray John Frieda Luxurious Volume Forever Full Hairspray to lock in the style
What did you think of this romantic look?